Log in

No account? Create an account
entries friends calendar profile pyxie's world Previous Previous Next Next
Can anyone help? I currently need help with two things 1) Finding… - a world of possibility
Can anyone help?

I currently need help with two things

1) Finding an apartment

2) Finding a lawyer - but not a million dollar an hour one

If you can help with either, and want more info e-mail me
(put a note in the subject line that you are from LJ if I don't speak with you normally so I don't delete it as spam)

In other news . . .
- the vacation with my folks and sister was wonderful and it was so nice to relax. I'll post pictures, well a link to the pictures, once I get them back from being develiped.
- I start school the 26th
- my brother is visiting the 21st - 26th with his girlfriend, this should be interesting

I hope everyone is doing wonderfully

8 comments or Leave a comment
low_key From: low_key Date: January 7th, 2004 12:44 pm (UTC) (Link)
You need an apartment and a lawyer...I'm sorry to hear things went that bad. :-(

Did you see my post with my new number? Call me if you want.
moowazz From: moowazz Date: January 7th, 2004 12:47 pm (UTC) (Link)
I guess I should clarify - those are two separate needs. Apt is because my lease is up an I want someplace bigger. Lawyer is b/c someone is irresponsible and I am paying for it.

I hope you are well :) *hug*
low_key From: low_key Date: January 7th, 2004 12:50 pm (UTC) (Link)

Much glad to hear that they aren't related...

Much, MUCH glad.

Good luck, sorry I can't actually help with this part. :-)
saint_monkey From: saint_monkey Date: January 7th, 2004 02:19 pm (UTC) (Link)
first off, i love this post, leave number twothe way it is, and change out number one with hilarious results!

i need help with two things:

1) freeing body parts from hot tub intake vents

2) a good lawyer

see? it writes itself!

anyhow, are you still in school? if so, see if your school has legal aid for students... otherwise, look at either Community Legal Service, or go see if a third year can help you at a local Law School, maybe NYU or the Cardozo School of Law. they should have a community legal service, where future lawyers give legal advice for a small fee.
moowazz From: moowazz Date: January 9th, 2004 01:14 pm (UTC) (Link)

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions. I plan on looking into those ideas :)

I hope you be well
melebeth From: melebeth Date: January 7th, 2004 04:31 pm (UTC) (Link)
Move into the building next door!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll get the number for you to call to find out rents. Then you'd be right here! I'd cook you guys dinner and everything! It would be awesome!!!!

Lawyer wise : I might be able to help you find one, but I need to know what kind of lawywer you need. I'm ,sadly enough, well connected in the lawyer world and can ask around. But I also agree on the legal aid suggestion, it may be your best first shot.
moowazz From: moowazz Date: January 9th, 2004 01:13 pm (UTC) (Link)
for some reason I did not get this reply in my e-mail :P

Anyhow, I am the buyer for a Balley's gym membership, but not the user. This has to do with my stupidity in the business that my name was on.

The user for the membership has not gotten a doctors note, b/c his trainer sent him to the hospital - which would allow me to close the membership. He is not paying either.

The company will not allow me to change the user to myself (because they are idiots) even when I offered to pay for the entire rest of the membership at one time.

I want with the help of a lawyer to . . .
a) Make sure my name actually is no longer connected with the business
b) Know what my options are with the Balley's membership and the user.
c) Find out if there is any way to be reimbursed for even the slightest percentage of what was thrown away because of said user in other areas of the business where the agreement was that user would pay, but I was more worried about my credit than actually getting $ so I ended up paying when user was late more than once with payments.

Even names and numbers of lawyers would be incredibly helpful since I have no idea how to look for one (never needed one before). I'm also going to check at school like my friend above suggested.

I hope your eye is better

melebeth From: melebeth Date: January 9th, 2004 04:36 pm (UTC) (Link)
Ok, this is stuff that a generic legal aid lawyers should be more than able to help with.

NY Legal AID is
http://www.legal-aid.org/SupportDocumentIndex.htm?docid=67&catid=43 and their consumer law number (718) 260-4719

If it turns out that you're not eligible for that (which is certainly the cheapest way to go), I'll call my lawyer (also known as the man who introduced my parents) and get a name for you.

This is also a useful list of law school clinics who might have different eligibility requirements than legal aid
http://pages.prodigy.net/kipsively/p1a.html is the home page which talks about how to find a lawyer. ALthough http://www.nysba.org/Template.cfm?Section=Public_Resources is the correct page to link to for a referral.

Good luck hon, because dealing with Bally's is always a nightmare. They're evil - it took Libby 2 years to work out her dispute with them.
8 comments or Leave a comment